Podcast time!! I looked up a whole bunch of Podcasts and found some interesting ones. The one that grabbed my attention was from the NPR website. I listened to a Podcast entitled "Flipping the Classroom". "Flipping the Classroom" discussed the idea of using Podcasts in the senior years classroom. The school sent the lectures home with the students as homework. They claimed that this created more time for one on one instruction with the students as the teacher did not have to lecture during class time. This took place in Colorado and they saw success with struggling students. The parents also appreciated this technique because the Podcast lectures were also available for the parents to look at. This gave the parents an opportunity to help their children learn the material as they could familiarize themselves with the information.
I think that this technique would be beneficial for students who have missed class or need to see the lecture again at home. I think that we are moving away from the common lecture and adding engaging activities and hand-on experiences to our lessons. I think that this should be included in the Podcast and the students should have the opportunity to view this at home. I don't think that the Podcast should replace the explanation of a new idea but should be available with the explanation of a idea. Students can review the Podcast at home and parents have an opportunity to help their children at home with because they also have an opportunity to view the Podcast. I would consider doing this for my students.
I created a unit on Asia for my final placement. I think it would be fun for students to create their own Podcast as a way for students to apply their new knowledge. During one activity students are asked to consult websites of organizations supporting war-affected children in order to find ways in which they may become involved in combating the impact of armed conflict on children. As a class we will discuss a variety of possible actions and a podcast could be a way for students to take action and provide awareness.
I created a unit on Asia for my final placement. I think it would be fun for students to create their own Podcast as a way for students to apply their new knowledge. During one activity students are asked to consult websites of organizations supporting war-affected children in order to find ways in which they may become involved in combating the impact of armed conflict on children. As a class we will discuss a variety of possible actions and a podcast could be a way for students to take action and provide awareness.
No comments:
Post a Comment