Popplet!
I found an awesome app called Popplet that I will be using in my future classroom. This app allows you to put images and videos and share your ideas, questions, and comments with others. Teachers could use this in their class in order to generate discussion.
Check it out: http://popplet.com/
Check it out: http://www.makebeliefscomix.com/Comix/
Comix
"Make Beliefs Comix" this app was really neat! I have created comics with my students in grade 3/4 social studies last year and I think that this would have been a more engaging way to get the students involved in this process!
I will be honest I used my colleagues blogs from last year to help me to find interactive apps to use in my classroom. As I have learned over and over "work smarter not harder". I played with these two apps and could definitely find a place for them in my classroom!
Comix
"Make Beliefs Comix" this app was really neat! I have created comics with my students in grade 3/4 social studies last year and I think that this would have been a more engaging way to get the students involved in this process!
I will be honest I used my colleagues blogs from last year to help me to find interactive apps to use in my classroom. As I have learned over and over "work smarter not harder". I played with these two apps and could definitely find a place for them in my classroom!


Hey Cara,
ReplyDeleteI really like the idea of both these apps, especially the comic strip one! It's a great alternative for someone who isn't a great artist, but who wants to show what they know in a non-written way!
I also like that you just came out and said it: "Work smarter, not harder." This is something I am struggling to do, though I know it is a NECESSITY if I am going to survive my first year teaching.
Hi Cara
ReplyDeletePopplet looks like an amazing application, that could be used with almost any grade level. Students can just come in, watch or view the content, and then comment in a safe environment free from others. This could be good for a class activity for anonymous commenting if the image or video is sensitive or controversial in nature. Safety first.
Regards, Jeremy
This is awesome! I once did an art assignment with comics and it took SO LONG because we physically drew it out. This looks way more fun!
ReplyDelete