Thursday, 16 January 2014

Week# 2



Hi all!
Check out this video!  I think it would blow kids minds I am definitely going to try this in my classroom.
  I have came a long way in a week from "technologically challenged" to well...i'm not sure what to call myself now... but baby steps are being made!  I am blogging once a week, I have a twitter account where I twit and tweet and twirk (as Stephen Harper would say).  I have helped create a wiki need I say more....?  Lets see what next week has to offer.....

5 comments:

  1. What a great video! I love Ellen :) I think this would be such a cool experiment to use with early years students when learning about weather. They would love this! So inexpensive too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the video, I think students of all ages would love it. It looks super simple to do, something that is always good for busy teachers, and as Jordana said inexpensive, is total plus.
    I love that the internet gives us all of these super easy and inexpensive ways to make our classrooms fun and engaging.
    Also glad you are trying some many new things online!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That experiment was awesome! I almost considered to start watching Ellen but then Liz's comment reminded me that I can just google science experiments like that and save me some time. I think I am going to like reading your blog if you keep sharing interesting activities like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool experiment. You could even show your students the video before they tried it themselves, or the best part about Youtube is the fact that if you didn't have the materials to do that experiment, you could just show your students the video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honest Ellen is amazing! She could pretty much do anything and I would laugh. This experiment was great and I think that students will likely want to try it, especially because Ellen can do it! The internet is sweet, show examples of basically anything without having concrete materials. LEARNING IS ENDLESS

    ReplyDelete